In order to accelerate supply of its key microalgal product Prasinoguard®, and to support expansion of its microalgal production technology into new markets, MicroA is seeking to enrol an enthusiastic individual to manage the pilot production plant in Tananger, Norway.
MicroA AS is a privately owned Norwegian Biotechnology company, focusing on sustainable manufacture of products from microalgae. We are an innovative biotechnology business at the forefront of microalgal product development and commercialisation. MicroA uses a patented closed photobioreactor and deep-sea Norwegian water to produce high quality microalgae ingredients. All production is carried out in-house, from cultivation to dried product, in our 800m2 pilot scale ‘built-for-purpose’ test centre.
Closing date: 15th March 2021
Desired start date: Q2 2021
Location: Tananger, Norway
Remuneration: Depends on qualifications and experience
MicroA is seeking to hire a highly skilled manager to run its microalgae pilot scale production plant and contribute to the strategic development of this facility. This position provides an exciting opportunity to support the progression of a novel microalgal product and bioreactor manufacturing technology, into a commercial success.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the full breadth of microalgae R & D, from microalgal biology, culturing techniques, hands on use of small and larger photobioreactor technologies, understanding and operation of pilot scale downstream harvesting and purification equipment.
KEY RESPONSIBILLITIES :
- Overall management of the plant with ~2 technical staff to streamline operation and delivery of products.
- Drive production of microalgal products to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Ongoing process optimisation.
- Drive further implementation of data management and quality assurance procedures.
- Liaise with management staff and external collaborators or suppliers, for planning and delivery of project work and sales.
- PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant field (microalgal biotechnology)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a bioprocessing environment (R & D and/or larger commercial scale set up).
IDEAL EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Industrial experience or collaborative industry led academic experience, with focus on microalgal biotechnology (cultures, optimisation, commercialisation).
- Use of pilot scale photobioreactors and / or fermenters and downstream handling of biomass (e.g. dewatering, separation, filtration, drying)At least 2 years’ experience in a bioprocessing environment (R & D and/or larger commercial scale set up).
- General lab experience and biochemical analysis.
- Management of R & D projects and staff, with the ability to prepare and work to processing plans, timelines and budgets.
- Data management – recording, analysis and interpretation, in order to make required recommendations for changes to process (for optimisation) and/ or products.
- Quality control checks and record keeping; experience of ISO, GMP or food safe environments would be an advantage; adherence to health and safety policy and risk assessments
- Problem solving, independent initiative, perseverance and a ‘can-do’ positive attitude.
- Understanding of small business dynamics and flexibility, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and represent the company in interactions with stakeholders and external contacts where required.
If you wish to pursue this opportunity with us then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Informal enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
MicroA is committed to equal opportunities and creating a supportive, transparent, respectful working environment. We encourage applications from candidates with different backgrounds, perspectives and experience.