In order to accelerate supply of its key microalgal product Prasinoguard®, and to support expansion of its microalgal production technology into new markets, MicroA is seeking to enrol an enthusiastic individual to join its expanding team at Tananger, Norway.
MicroA AS is a privately owned Norwegian Biotechnology company, focusing on sustainable manufacture of products from microalgae. We are an innovative biotechnology business at the forefront of microalgal product development and commercialisation. MicroA uses a patented closed photobioreactor and deep-sea Norwegian water to produce high quality microalgae ingredients. All production is carried out in-house, from cultivation to dried product, in our 800m2 pilot scale ‘built-for-purpose’ test centre
Closing date: 15th March 2021
Start date: Q2 2021
Location: Tananger, Norway
Remuneration: Depends on qualifications and experience
MicroA is seeking to hire a technician for its microalgal pilot production plant. The ideal candidate will have experience in microalgal culture and scale up, and operation of pilot scale processing equipment, preferably in a bioprocessing environment, although training will also be provided.
KEY RESPONSIBILLITIES :
- Support the plant manager in all aspects of plant operation as required
- Operation and maintenance of key equipment
- Data recording and quality control.
- Preparation or updating of written operating procedures
- Degree or technical equivalent in biotechnology / bioprocessing. At least 1year industrial experience in relevant field.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Microalgal culture maintenance
- Operation of pilot scale equipment for biological processing.
- Quality assurance including quality control criteria, data handling, record keeping.
- Industrial experience or collaborative industry led academic experience, with focus on microalgal biotechnology (cultures, optimisation)
- General lab experience and biochemical analysis
- Enthusiastic and positive working approach, with willingness to be adaptable and problem-solve when required.
If you wish to pursue this opportunity with us then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Informal enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
MicroA is committed to equal opportunities and creating a supportive, transparent, respectful working environment. We encourage applications from candidates with different backgrounds, perspectives and experience.